Monday 2 May 2011

In the beginning we were Montague’s hating the Capulet’s but everything changed from a relationship between our son Romeo and the Capulet’s daughter Juliet. We wanted nothing more then to be the ones holding power and would do anything to gain it. We gave life to Romeo so without us he would not be a part in ending the feud. Our role was to teach Romeo how to hate the Capulet’s; I think we failed with that seeming how he fell in love with their daughter. A lot has happened in this week my son exiled from Verona leaving my wife depressed.

Lord Mon- “Alas, my liege, my wife is dead tonight! / Grief of my son’s exile hath stopped her breath. / What further woe conspires against mine age?”

In this exact moment I realized that everything is crumbling, I have lost both my wife and son. Maybe the path we have taken or have been given is the wrong one.

Cap- “O brother Montague, my me thy hand. / This is my daughter’s jointure, for no more can I demand.
Lord Mon- “But I can give thee more; / For I will raise her statue in pure gold, / That whiles Verona by that name is known, / There shall no figure at such rate be set / As that of true and faithful Juliet.”

This is the moment were our family feud ends, I am done with fighting and killing. So Capulet’s and Montague’s are just names now with no relevance. In the end Romeo and Juliet’s death helped us see, it’s just that the reality was harsh. The Montague’s and Capulet’s aren’t so different after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment